10 Things to Know Before Having Your Car Repaired
Your car is likely the second largest investment you're likely to make, so preserve its value and your safety by having it repaired professionally at Milstead Collision.
- Never drive a car that could be unsafe because of damages. We will gladly arrange for your car to be towed to Milstead Collision.
- Some insurance companies may want you to visit their drive-in claims center before having your car repaired. You can do this, or you may leave your car at our location and ask that the insurance company come to inspect the car. Milstead Collision is able to work with all major insurance companies and at Milstead Collision we keep close communication with the insurance companies to advise them of all work and repairs that need to be done to our customer's vehicle.
- As a consumer, it's nice to know that there is no law that requires you get more than one estimate or appraisal on your vehicle. You have the right to get as many comparison estimates as you’d like in order to help you make an informed decision about your collision repair options.
- You have the right to take your vehicle to the collision repair center of your choice. Your insurance company cannot require you to go to a particular shop. Your insurance company usually can recommend a reputable repair center in your area, including Milstead Collision.
- Differences in repair estimates are common. A lower estimate may not include all necessary work. If you’re not sure why one estimate is different from another you’ve received, just ask a Milstead Collision service advisor.
- Choose a repair center that has unibody repair equipment and certified by I-CAR or ASE technicians. Milstead Collision is an I-CAR Gold Class center and all of our technicians have continuing I-CAR and ASE training to ensure that they are skilled in the latest repair process and equipment.
- Make sure you choose a collision repair center that has the advanced equipment and systems used to remove and reinstall frame, suspension, engine, and drivetrain components as well as provide other essential collision repair services. Milstead Collision has the latest equipment and training necessary to repair your car to its exact factory specifications.
- Make sure that the collision repair center offers a warranty. Milstead Collision offers every customer our industry-best warranty that protects you for as long as you own your vehicle.
- Let us help you work with your insurance company. Milstead Collision has established positive business relationships with virtually every auto insurance company. Our ability to "cut through the red tape" ensures a smoother, faster repair process.
- Ask the repair center to pre-arrange a rental car. Since the average car is in the repair shop for two weeks, ask if the shop can make recommendations for a rental car company and if they can arrange for a replacement rental car to be ready when you drop off your car. At Milstead Collision, we work closely with Enterprise Rent-A-Car which can arrange a rental car for you on the spot.